No one can argue with the importance of a Canon Macro Lenses in our day-to-day life. In many situations, it can come super handy and allows us to work with ease and efficiency.
So, if you need to boost your productivity, you need to choose the Best Canon Macro Lenses but There is a difference in the quality and reliability of products available in the market which makes you confused about choosing the right one for you.
On top of that, the market is full of various types of Canon Macro Lenses portraying different features and prices.
Don't worry! We’ve made the effort to dig through the options and try to sort out the really great options that you need to lay your eyes on before you pick out a Canon Macro Lenses.
So, let's begin!
Comparison Chart for Top Canon Macro Lenses
|1||Canon RF35mm F1.8 IS Macro …||9.36||Check Price|
|2||58MM 0.43x Altura Photo Professional …||9.84||Check Price|
|3||Canon RF 85mm F2 Macro …||9.36||Check Price|
|4||Canon RF100mm F2.8 L Macro …||9.36||Check Price|
|5||Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM …||9.36||Check Price|
|6||Tokina 634455 ATX-i 100mm F2.8 …||9.52||Check Price|
|7||Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS …||9.36||Check Price|
|8||Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM …||9.36||Check Price|
|9||Neewer 58MM 0.43x Professional HD …||9.58||Check Price|
|10||Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro …||9.78||Check Price|
Our Recommendation on the 10 Best Canon Macro Lenses
1. Canon RF35mm F1.8 IS Macro STM Lens, Black
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 0.56 ft. ; 0.17M
- Compatible with EOS R series cameras
- Compact macro Lens with 0.5x Magnification Ratio
- Optical Image Stabilization at up to 5 Stops of shake Correction
- Control Ring for direct setting changes
- 12 pin Communication System
- Mounting type: Canon RF
2. 58MM 0.43x Altura Photo Professional HD Wide Angle Lens (w/Macro Portion) for Canon EOS 70D 77D 80D 90D Rebel T8i T7 T7i T6i T6s T6 SL2 SL3 DSLR Cameras
- NOTE: PLEASE VERIFY YOUR CAMERA’S LENS THREAD SIZE BEFORE ORDERING. This Wide-Angle is compatible with 58MM lenses only. Lens sizes vary regardless of camera brand or model. Your camera’s lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always preceded by a ”Ø” (diameter) symbol. For example: Ø58 = 58mm lens thread size.
- LENS ATTACHMENT: Easily screws on to the front of your lens, and instantly expands the field of view for breathtaking wide-angle photography. Features a detachable macro lens for extremely high-resolution close-ups of small objects.
- CAMERA MODELS: Canon EOS Rebel T7 T7i T6i T6 T6s T5i T5 T4i T3i T100 SL3 SL2 SL1 90D 80D 77D 70D 1100D 700D 650D 600D 550D 7D Mark II 6D Mark II 5DS 5D Mark II 1D Mark II M3 M5 M6 M10 M50 M100 M200 R RP
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Backed by Our 90-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
- LENS COMPATIBILITIES: Popular 58MM Lens models including Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G, Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/4-5.6 R, Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 II, Fujifilm XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS II
3. Canon RF 85mm F2 Macro is STM, Compact Medium-Telephoto Black Lens (4234C002)
- Control Ring for Direct Setting Changes.
- Optical Image Stabilization with up to 5 Stops of Shake Correction.
- Maximum Magnification of 0.5x and Minimum Focusing Distance of 1.15 ft.
- Lens compatible with Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras (EOS RP, EOS R, EOS R5, EOS R6)
- Hybrid IS Compensates for Angular and Shift Camera Shake during Macro Shooting.
- Bright f/2 Aperture Mid-telephoto Macro RF Lens with Beautiful Bokeh.
4. Canon RF100mm F2.8 L Macro is USM
- World’s First* Medium Telephoto Macro Lens with a Maximum Magnification of 1.4x.
- High Image Quality and Bright, fixed f/2.8 Aperture Telephoto Macro RF Lens
- Optical Image Stabilizer with up to 5 Stops of Shake Correction**.
- Hybrid IS Compensates for Angular and Shift Camera Shake during Macro Shooting.
- Spherical Aberration (SA) Control Ring Allows Adjustments to Shape and Character of Foreground/Background Bokeh
5. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
- 80 millimetre effective focal length on APS C cameras, 50 millimetre on full frame cameras. Lens construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
6. Tokina 634455 ATX-i 100mm F2.8 FF Macro Lens for Canon EF Mount Full Size
- The second release of the atx-i series that has been renewed to pick up unique lenses from the best selling AT-X PRO series
- As a medium telephoto lens, it also works great for landscapes and portraits
- Tokina’s unique “One-Touch Focus Clutch” mechanism allows you to switch between focus modes from any position
- By adopting an effortless optical design, this macro lens reproduces the straightforward bokeh taste during outfocus
- Mount: Canon EF Mount
7. Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras, Lens Only
- Compatible with 67 millimeter filters
- 67 millimetre filter size. Filter Size: 58 millimetre. Lens hood: ET-73
- 100 millimeter focal length and 1:2.8 maximum aperture. The EF1.4X II; EF2X II extenders cannot be used with this lens. There are no compatible close-up lenses
- Lens construction consists of 15 elements in 12 groups
- Near-silent Ultrasonic focusing
- Canon’s first mid-telephoto macro “L” series lens to include Canon’s sophisticated Image Stabilization
- Inner focusing system with USM and full-time manual focus option. Closest focusing distance 0.99 feet; 0.3 meter (maximum close-up magnification: 1x)
- 23.4-Degree diagonal angle of view
- Enjoy life-size close-up capabilities without an adapter
8. Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF S series
- Wide angle lens for Canon APS C cameras (equivalent to 38 millimeter on a full frame camera)
- This product is compatible with all non full frame Canon EOS digital SLRs
- Full time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in One Shot AF mode
- Focal length & maximum aperture: 24 millimeter 1:2.8, maximum magnification of x0.27
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.16 meters /0.5 feet
9. Neewer 58MM 0.43x Professional HD Wide Angle Lens (Macro Portion) for Canon EOS Rebel 77D T7i T6s T6i T6 T5i T5 T4i T3i T3 SL1 1100D 700D 650D 600D 550D 300D 100D 60D 7D 70D
- Easily screws on to the front of your lens, and instantly expands the field of view for breathtaking wide-angle photography. Features a detachable macro lens for extremely high-resolution close-ups of small objects.
- Lens Compatibility: Popular 58MM Lens model includes EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM.
- Camera Models: CANON Rebel (77D T7i T6i T6 T6s T5i T5 T4i T3i T2i T1i XT XTi XSi), CANON EOS (750D 760D 650D 600D 550D 500D 450D 400D 350D 300D 7D 60D) and more.
- NOTE: PLEASE VERIFY YOUR CAMERA’S LENS THREAD SIZE BEFORE ORDERING. This Wide-Angle is compatible with 58MM lenses only. Lens sizes vary regardless of camera brand or model. Your camera’s lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always preceded by a “”Ø”” (diameter) symbol. For example: Ø58 = 58mm lens thread size.
10. Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Fixed Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Focal length: 100mm, Closest focusing distance : 1 foot (film plane to subject)
- Secondary diaphragm blocks stray light at f/2.8 for increased contrast, Ultra-sonic monitor provides outstanding autofocusing speed at all distances
- Optional tripod collar
- Measures 3.1 inches in diameter and 4.7 inches long; weighs 21.1 ounces; 1-year warranty
- 100mm macro USM lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras
- Lens not zoomable
- 3-group floating system for exceptional close-up performance; full-time manual focus
Things to Consider Before You Buy Canon Macro Lenses
A Canon Macro Lenses will surely improve the quality of your lifestyle and enhance your working capacity. However, choosing the wrong products can do more harm than good.
Also, purchasing one that is way out of your comfort zone or skill level can end up sitting in your house without getting used at all.
Therefore, before making a choice, you need to know the crucial factors that will help you in identifying the best in the market. To aid you in this quest, we have built a comprehensive buying guide that will inform you of all the essential things to keep in mind while buying Canon Macro Lenses.
1. Shape and Size (Dimension)
Canon Macro Lenses are available in different sizes and each shape is suitable for a different purpose. So, first, consider where you’ll use this item, and then decide on the size.
To get the perfect satisfaction, you must be careful about choosing the right size as the wrong one could ruin your efforts.
Each size is suitable for different type of working purpose, and you must use the proper dimension for its specific purpose.
Also, make sure that you are comfortable while you’re using it and to avoid a mess with your other items.
Always look at all the different sizes available in the market and what each does then choose right one that will give you highest satisfaction.
This is another important factor to keep in mind while. Heavy Canon Macro Lenses are harder to move around and difficult to work with. But they are made with more durable materials and as a result, feature extended longevity.
On the other hand, lightweight Canon Macro Lenses are easy to carry around and set up anywhere on the go. However, the lighter ones can be a little less sturdy than the heavier ones.
So, if you will use the Canon Macro Lenses for heavy-duty work, it's better to go for the heavy but durable ones. For less frequent usage, smaller ones will be perfect.
Also, For big-weight products, you might get an extra shipping charge to deliver it to your home.
No one wants to spend hundreds of dollars on a Canon Macro Lenses that breaks down a few months later. Durability is one of the crucial factors you must ensure while buying it.
Make sure the Canon Macro Lenses is built with a high-quality and heavy-duty material. Durable product will allow you to perform tasks conveniently for a long period of time. In addition, sturdy items will ensure top-class performance consistently for years to come.
Manufacturers specify which product is for heavy-duty usage. Always look for sustainable product that will help you to avoid spend much money to one product.
If you have any confusing about product durability then ask to the seller about it. Seller will inform you about the expected lifetime of products to allow you to take meaningful purchase decisions.
4. Ease Of Use
A rule of thumb while picking Canon Macro Lenses is that you should always choose one compatible with your needs. Select one that is fairly easy to use.
Because, if you buy one that comes with advanced features and tons of complicated parts, you won't be able to achieve good results with it.
Moreover, the difficult procedure of work will frustrate you and it may end up never using it again.
So, choose cautiously and pick out one with simpler instructions if you are a beginner.
Canon Macro Lenses are somewhat expensive to purchase. On top of that, no matter how good quality it is, with sudden accidents, it can get damaged or break down. Hence, it is important to buy it that comes with at least one year of warranty.
Many popular brands can provide up to five to ten years of warranty. During the holiday season, brands offer extended warranties So, select an items that comes with a warranty so that you can get a refund or free service if the Canon Macro Lenses makes any issues.
If you are an amateur, deciding on which product will be best can be quite confusing. Especially, all the technical terms can make it hard to understand which one will be suitable for you. In such cases, go for renowned brands.
Popular and trustworthy brands generally make high-quality products to hold onto their trusted customer base. In addition, they provide a warranty and better customer service to customers. So, always try to select right Canon Macro Lenses brands that will help you to get hassle free experience.
Expensive Canon Macro Lenses come with more exquisite features and benefits. But they come with a higher price tag too.
It is a misconception among users that only expensive product will be good-quality. That is not true. There are many good-quality items available in lower price ranges.
So, if you are on a tight budget, research the market and look for affordable Canon Macro Lenses They might not offer over-the-top features but they will provide reliable results.
Advantages of Shopping From Ecommerce
No matter what task you are trying to finish, having the right Canon Macro Lenses can make it easier and more enjoyable.
There are many advantages and disadvantages of purchasing Canon Macro Lenses from online shopping website.
Some of these are listed below.
1. You can shop from the comfort of your own home.
2. You can avoid crowds.
3. You can take your time to make a decision.
4. You can compare prices easily.
5. You can find items that are not available in your local stores.
1. You may have to wait for your items to be delivered.
2. You may have to pay for delivery.
3. You may have to pay taxes on your purchases.
4. You may find it difficult to return items that you do not like or that do not fit.
People Also Ask:
1. How To Easily Find right Canon Macro Lenses?
Answer: One of the easiest ways of finding out the best item is reading customer reviews. Customers who have previously bought this product express their satisfaction or dissatisfaction with the online markets. You can find out the pros and cons of Canon Macro Lenses from these reviews. This will help you in filtering which ones are the best.
2. Is Buying A Canon Macro Lenses Worth The Money?
Answer: This depends entirely on your personal needs. If you are someone who has a good budget and need to use Canon Macro Lenses regularly, it is definitely worth it to buy it. Because it will increase both convenience and productivity.
But if you only need for limited time, you can get it done outside then spending on it won't be worth.
3. How To Find The Canon Macro Lenses In Affordable Price?
Answer: Look out for holiday sales to find your desired items at the most affordable prices. During holiday seasons and special days, brands offer huge deals to customers. If you buy during these times, you can find high-quality ones at a 50-80 percent discount.
4. Which Size Should I Buy?
Answer: Different Canon Macro Lenses sizes cater to different needs. So, decide on which purpose you'll use and then select the size. If you need it for heavy-duty use, go for larger ones as they are more durable.
Also, consider the place you'll keep it in your house. Buying a larger item when you don't have proper space to store it will result in incompetent results. Moreover, if you need to carry it to different places, a smaller one will be more suitable as they are lightweight.
5. How Long Does it Typically Last?
Answer: This depends on which Canon Macro Lenses you buy. High-quality products from trustworthy brands last up to 10 years. But you need to perform regular maintenance to keep them in perfect shape.
This also depends on how frequently you put it to use. Frequent heavy-duty use will decrease the life of any products.
However, if you buy cheap ones, they can last anywhere between one to three years or less.
Here is Our Final Thought About Canon Macro Lenses
Having the Best Canon Macro Lenses can change your life immensely. However, the different types and features of products make finding the right one quite difficult for beginners. The market is so saturated, that even professionals get confused while picking out suitable items for them.
We have picked out the cream of the crop so that you don't have to wander aimlessly. Without any worry, you choose the product that suits your needs properly from our list of Top Canon Macro Lenses.
Always remember to check the manufacturer's instructions before using the products to get the best results. So, choose one Canon Macro Lenses and enjoy its never-ending benefits.