When it comes to finding good Canon Lenses For Portrait , everyone has their own opinion. Some people might swear by a certain brand, while others might just go with what's on sale. No matter what your preference is, there's no doubt that some products are better than others.
Here at Very Nearly Almost, we've done the research for you and have compiled a list of the Best Canon Lenses For Portrait on the market right now.
Despite this, it is not any secret that the market is flooded with thousands of Canon Lenses For Portrait, which can cause confusion for anyone. At the moment, we try to make a comprehensive buying guideline about Canon Lenses For Portrait to make your task easier. We have rounded up the most reputable brands and best-performing products on the market that will match with your satisfaction.
Comparison Chart for Top Canon Lenses For Portrait
|1||Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM …||9.36||Check Price|
|2||Lightdow 85mm F1.8 Medium Telephoto …||9.64||Check Price|
|3||Canon Portrait and Travel Two …||9.22||Check Price|
|4||Meike 85mm f1.8 Large Aperture …||9.62||Check Price|
|5||Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III …||9.54||Check Price|
|6||Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM …||9.66||Check Price|
|7||Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM …||9.36||Check Price|
|8||58MM 0.43x Altura Photo Professional …||9.84||Check Price|
|9||Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM …||9.36||Check Price|
|10||Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM …||9.36||Check Price|
Our Recommendation on the 10 Best Canon Lenses For Portrait
1. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
- 80 millimetre effective focal length on APS C cameras, 50 millimetre on full frame cameras. Lens construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
2. Lightdow 85mm F1.8 Medium Telephoto Manual Focus Full Frame Portrait Lens for Canon EOS Rebel T8i T7i T7 T6 T3i T2i 4000D 2000D 1300D 850D 800D 600D 550D 90D 80D 77D 70D 50D 6D 5D etc
- – 8 pieces of circular aperture, smooth and large focus rings internal focusing(IF) hybrid aspherical lenses (H-ASP), ultra multi coating(UMC)
- Warm Tips: This is a MANUAL FOCUS LENS, NO Electronic Contacts, your camera will not detect the lens when mounted, that’s why it shows “NO LENS ATTACHED”, please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens correctly. Tips to use our Manual Lens: 1) Set the mode dial to Manual (M). 2) Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable. 3) Set the Shutter lock option in the camera menu to Off: no lens.
- – Large Aperture with a pleasing bokeh quality to further enhance shallow depth of field images
- – FULL MANUAL FOCUS OPERATION: require complete manual focus operation on dslr camera to align with lens body, NOT suitable for SLR beginners, recommended for photographers with excellent experience in equipment.
- – Compatible with Canon EOS Rebel T7, T7i, T6, T6i, T5, T5i, SL2, 80D, 77D, 700D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 5D, 6D, 7D, 600D, 550D, 200D, 150D, 100D, 1300D, 1400D, 1500D etc.
|Color||For Canon Dslr|
3. Canon Portrait and Travel Two Lens Kit with 50mm f/1.8 and 10-18mm Lenses (Renewed)
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM :Circular aperture (7 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.Metal mount helps provide stability and ruggedness
- A stepping motor (Gear-type STM) supports the Movie Servo AF function in providing smooth and quiet continuous AF during video recording, as well as when shooting photos
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM:Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 ft. (0.35m); maximum magnification of 0.21x. EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM:Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode
- EF-S10-18mm F4.5-5.6 IS STM is an EF-S ultra-wide zoom lens with an impressive starting focal length (16mm in 35mm equivalence). For expansive scenery from tall buildings to inspiring mountain ranges, the wide angle of view from the EF-S 10–18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM helps you achieve vivid colors and details during your travels
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM is a compact, lightweight fixed focal length lens ideal for everyday photos, and with a large f/1.8 aperture, a perfect lens for low-light photography and creative background blur
4. Meike 85mm f1.8 Large Aperture Full Frame Auto Focus Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS EF Mount Digital SLR Camera Compatible with APS C Bodies Such as 1D 5D3 5D4 6D 7D 70D 550D 80D
- Suitable for a wide range of other subjects, including selective architecture, landscapes, portrait, short range sports and theatre photography
- Full frame view: level: 16 degree / vertical: 24 degrees / diagonal: 28.5 degrees
- Filter size is 67mm, minimum focus distance with 0.85m
- Lens aperture range is F/1.8-F/22, lens construction with 6 groups of 9 pieces
- Lens carrying the usual electronic contacts, but also a USB connection that can be used to upgrade the lens firmware
5. Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
6. Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Medium Telephoto Lens for Canon SLR Cameras – Fixed
- Natural angle of view and perspective is ideal for portraits and natural images
- Ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM) brings subject quickly into focus, Focal length: 85 millimetre, closest focusing distance: 2.8 feet
- Measures 3 inches in diameter and 2.8 inches long; 1-year warranty. Refer User manual for troubleshooting steps.
- 85 millimetre standard lens with f 1.8 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras, Lens Type:Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Designed to produce beautiful background blur; weighs 15 ounces
- Lens not zoomable
7. Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens
- This product is compatible with all non full frame Canon EOS digital SLRs
- Full time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in One Shot AF mode
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF S series
- Wide angle lens for Canon APS C cameras (equivalent to 38 millimeter on a full frame camera)
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Focal length & maximum aperture: 24 millimeter 1:2.8, maximum magnification of x0.27
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.16 meters /0.5 feet
8. 58MM 0.43x Altura Photo Professional HD Wide Angle Lens (w/Macro Portion) for Canon EOS 70D 77D 80D 90D Rebel T8i T7 T7i T6i T6s T6 SL2 SL3 DSLR Cameras
- NOTE: PLEASE VERIFY YOUR CAMERA’S LENS THREAD SIZE BEFORE ORDERING. This Wide-Angle is compatible with 58MM lenses only. Lens sizes vary regardless of camera brand or model. Your camera’s lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always preceded by a ”Ø” (diameter) symbol. For example: Ø58 = 58mm lens thread size.
- CAMERA MODELS: Canon EOS Rebel T7 T7i T6i T6 T6s T5i T5 T4i T3i T100 SL3 SL2 SL1 90D 80D 77D 70D 1100D 700D 650D 600D 550D 7D Mark II 6D Mark II 5DS 5D Mark II 1D Mark II M3 M5 M6 M10 M50 M100 M200 R RP
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Backed by Our 90-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
- LENS ATTACHMENT: Easily screws on to the front of your lens, and instantly expands the field of view for breathtaking wide-angle photography. Features a detachable macro lens for extremely high-resolution close-ups of small objects.
- LENS COMPATIBILITIES: Popular 58MM Lens models including Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G, Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/4-5.6 R, Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 II, Fujifilm XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS II
9. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens + 3pc Filter Kit + Lens Pen + Blower + Hood + Lens Pouch + Cap Keeper
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens, 49mm Lens Cap, Rear Lens Dust Cap
- Neoprene Soft Lens Pouch, 49mm Lenshood, Lens Cap Keeper, Dustblower, 2 in 1 Lenspen, 3 Pc Filter Set (UV, Circular Polarizer, FLD)
- This Lens Bundle comes with All Standard Canon Supplied Accessories and Includes:
10. Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Standard and Medium Telephoto Lens for Canon SLR Cameras, Fixed
- The Hypersonic Motor (HSM) ensures silent, high speed auto-focusing as well as full time manual focusing capability
- Optimized for Digital – super multi-layer coating minimizes flare and ghosting – a common problem of digital cameras
- Standard focal length 50 millimeter lens is effective in a multitude of shooting situations and ideal for day-to-day shooting
- The optimum optical design and molded glass aspherical lens elements provide excellent correction for all types of aberrations, including coma aberration, resulting in superior optical performance
- An f/1.4 maximum aperture provides clear imaging in low light situations and shallow depth of field
- Ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) operation is fast, smooth and virtually silent
- 2 high-refraction lens elements and new Gaussian optics eliminate astigmatism and suppress astigmatic difference
- Lens construction: 8 elements in 6 groups, Filter size: 77 millimeter
- This large aperture standard prime lens has superior peripheral brightness even at the maximum aperture
- Elements/Groups: 7/6, Diaphragm: Blades 8, Filter Thread: Font 58 millimeter. Minimum focusing distance: 17.8 inch
8 Key Factors to Check Before Buying a Canon Lenses For Portrait
No matter how many great features a Canon Lenses For Portrait comes with, it'll be of no use to you if it doesn't match your personal needs. Hence, choosing the right fit for you is extremely important.
Overwhelmed by so many excellent options? Don't know how to decide which one will be perfect for you? We understand the stress associated with the buying process!
To find out the perfect product, you need to consider some crucial factors. These decide if a Canon Lenses For Portrait will be suitable for your needs or not. To help you, we've compiled a comprehensive buying guide featuring the vital factors that you must consider.
The market is filled with hundreds of brands that offer various features. If you haven't bought any product before, deciding on which Canon Lenses For Portrait will be best can be quite confusing. Especially, all the technical terms can make it harder for newcomers. In such cases, you can always trust renowned brands.
Brands that have been in the market for a long time continue to sell quality products to maintain their reputation & keep the trusted customer base. In addition, they provide a warranty and better customer service to customers.
So, you can easily trust their Canon Lenses For Portrait for having better durability and reliability.
However, if you go for a newer brand that is offering products at a cheaper rate, there is always the risk of getting low-quality products.
Canon Lenses For Portrait are not inexpensive products. So, you need to make sure the product you are buying will provide good service for at least a few years. Hence, durability is one of the crucial factors you must ensure while buying it.
To ensure the Canon Lenses For Portrait is sturdy, check if it is built with a high-quality and heavy-duty material. Durable items will provide excellent performance for a long period of time.
Manufacturers specify which product is for heavy-duty usage. So, look for that while you are looking at Canon Lenses For Portrait.
Canon Lenses For Portrait are available in different sizes and weights. Larger one possesses more features than smaller ones and they are made with more durable materials. As a result, they feature extended longevity.
However, they will take up lots of storage space and are harder to carry around. Therefore, if portability is a concern for you, you should go for smaller & lightweight ones.
Small & lightweight are easy to carry around and can be set up anywhere on the go. They will offer much more portability and flexibility than bigger ones.
4. Product Features
There are many Canon Lenses For Portrait that offer numerous exciting features. However, more features do mean a higher price tag. Another thing to keep in mind is that you don’t need heaps of features, but useful ones.
So, decide on which features are important for your specific needs. Then look for Canon Lenses For Portrait that are best in providing those features. This way, you won't have to spend hundreds of dollars on a product with features that you may never end up using.
A rule of thumb while picking out the most useful Canon Lenses For Portrait is that you should always choose one compatible with your interest and skills. Select one that is fairly easy to set up and use. Because, if you buy one that comes with advanced features and tons of complicated parts, you won't be able to achieve good results with it.
Moreover, the difficult procedure of work will frustrate you and you may end up never using it again. So, choose cautiously and pick out one with simpler instructions if you are a beginner.
Canon Lenses For Portrait are somewhat expensive to purchase. On top of that, no matter how good quality your product is, with sudden accidents, it can get damaged or break down. Hence, it is important to buy a item that comes with at least one year of warranty.
Many popular brands can provide up to five to ten years of warranty. During the holiday season, brands offer extended warranties. So, look for Canon Lenses For Portrait that comes with a warranty so that you can get a refund or free service if the product breaks down or faulty.
This is also an important factor to keep in mind. The market is continuously being updated with new products. If you buy an older model that has been discontinued, it'll be harder to find parts when you need to do maintenance work. This is also true for lesser-known unpopular brands.
Therefore, buy models that have been on market for a year or two from known brands. This will help you to get better customer service and ensure easily available maintenance service.
8. Value For Money
Expensive products come with more exquisite features and benefits. But they come with a higher price tag too.
It is a misconception among users that only expensive Canon Lenses For Portrait will be good-quality. That is not true. There are many good-quality Canon Lenses For Portrait available in lower price ranges.
So, if you are on a tight budget, research the market and look for an affordable one. They might not offer over-the-top features but they will provide reliable results.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How To Know If A Seller Is Trustworthy When Buying it?
Answer: When buying Canon Lenses For Portrait from e-commerce sites such as Amazon, you should first check the seller's profile. Their ratings and feedback score will tell you if they can be trusted or not. Also, customer reviews will confirm if they sell the actual item they show on the site. Make sure the seller has high positive feedback, otherwise you are unlikely to get the original product.
2. How To Find Out More About The Canon Lenses For Portrait I Intend To Buy?
Answer: One of the easiest ways of finding out the details about the  you are considering buying is reading customer reviews on sales websites.
Customers who have previously bought this product express their experience, pros, and cons in the reviews.
You can also check the question answers left by other customers and ask questions yourself there that the seller will answer. This will help you in knowing all the little details about the Canon Lenses For Portrait you want to buy.
3. Is Canon Lenses For Portrait Worth The Money I'm Spending?
Answer: This depends entirely on how much you'll use it. If you will frequently use the product in your life, it is definitely worth it to buy. Because it will save your money in the long run and increase convenience and productivity.
But if you'll only use the Canon Lenses For Portrait once in a while, you can get it done outside. Moreover, the maintenance cost will increase your total expenditure to a high degree. So, spending on a Canon Lenses For Portrait won't be worth it.
4. Can I Buy Premium Product In a Limited Budget?
Answer: Of course, you can buy premium items on a limited budget. You only need to look out for sale times. Big brands offer sales up to 80% during the holiday season and special days. If you buy during the sale, you can get a Top Canon Lenses For Portrait at a lower price than regular times.
So, keep an eye on the brands' website for knowing as soon as they offer a sale to get your coveted product at a limited budget.
5. Which Size Will Be Suitable For Me?
Answer: This depends on many factors such as what purpose you will use it for, how much space you have to set it up, if you need to carry it around, etc. Different Canon Lenses For Portrait sizes cater to different needs. So, decide on which purpose you'll use it and then select the size.
If you need it for heavy-duty use, go for larger ones as they are more durable. Smaller ones will be suitable for general use.
Also, consider the place you'll keep the Canon Lenses For Portrait in your house. Buying a larger product when you don't have proper space to store it will result in incompetent results. Moreover, if you need to carry it to different places, a smaller one will be more suitable as they are lightweight.
6. How Long Will A Canon Lenses For Portrait Provide Good Service?
Answer: High-quality Canon Lenses For Portrait from trustworthy brands offer excellent performance for up to 10 years. But you need to perform regular maintenance to keep them in perfect shape. This also depends on how frequently you put it to use. Frequent heavy-duty use will decrease the performance of any product.
However, if you buy cheap ones, they will start slowing down anywhere between one to three years or less.
7. How To Use The Canon Lenses For Portrait Properly?
Answer: To find out how to use the product you have bought properly, you need to read the instruction manual that came with it. Some products also come with instruction CDs. You can watch them to get a good idea about using the product.
If you are still confused, watch a few YouTube tutorials to clear your doubts. Always abide by the manufacturer's instructions to avoid damage to the product.
The Best Canon Lenses For Portrait will elevate the quality of your work to a higher level. But, the plethora of Canon Lenses For Portrait types and brands makes choosing the right one almost impossible.
However, our buying guide, tips, and FAQ will give you all the info you need to know about it and aid you in choosing the best one.
If you are still confused, choose one from the Top Canon Lenses For Portrait we reviewed. They will not only offer the best performance but also provide reliability for long-term usage. So, choose what suits your needs and start getting benefited from it